Casey Limmer, owner and founder of St. Louis DBT, is available to present to your staff on key topics related to CBT and DBT. Need to shore up your clinical skills? Brush the dust off those old behavioral concepts you left behind upon graduation from your Masters program (remember schedules of reinforcement?). Maybe you have received some basic training in DBT, and are ready to implement a program. You need support and guidance.
Casey has gained acclaim as an experienced and engaging presenter, winning awards for excellence in teaching from Washington University. She has trained therapists and counselors in evidence-based approaches and techniques for more than 10 years. She has achieved certification in DBT from the DBT- Linehan Board of Certification.
Casey has trained with the masters of CBT and DBT, including Judith Beck and Marsha Linehan. She utilizes many of their training techniques mixed with her own unique personality. Her teaching style has been described as interactive and entertaining.
Presentations range from a quick 15 minutes to 2 full days or even a full year-long program called DBT Academy. CEUs will be provided. Below you will find topics that might interest you. Alternatively, you may have your own ideas about what topics your staff needs. Either way, Casey will work with you to tailor the training to your unique needs. Call for a price quote.
DBT Presentation Topics
- Developing and conveying therapeutic empathy for the difficult client
- What is DBT and how is it different from what you are already doing?
- How to best work with patients coming from DBT programs
- How to refer to an appropriate DBT program
- How to integrate parts of DBT into your program (for those already familiar with what DBT is)
- Teaching skills using experiential learning techniques (how to spice up a group curriculum)*
- What is Core Mindfulness?
- What is Radical Acceptance?
- What is Distress Tolerance?
- What is Interpersonal Effectiveness?
- What is Emotion Regulation?
- What is Walking the Middle Path?
- What is the difference between Mindfulness and Relaxation techniques
- Coach and release – how to keep skills coaching brief
- Behavioral Chain Analysis and Mini Treatment Plans*
- What is a DBT consult team and how do we start one?*
CBT Presentation Topics
- Good Therapy Starts with a Good Functional Analysis
- Those Behavioral Concepts You Forgot to Remember (this is a good prep workshop for the DBT certification test)
- Case Conceptualization
- Cognitive Restructuring
- Therapy Homework – How to develop it and how to motivate clients to do it
- Treatment Planning
- Say goodbye to doorknob confessions: Improve your session structure
- Get the Momentum Going: Behavior Activation
- Suicide Assessment and Management
- Inducing Panic Attacks in Session using Panic Control Therapy
- The Brain and Anxiety
- Cognitive Therapy for Dieting Issues
- CBT for Personality Disorders